Swim lesson, advanced aquatic schedules, rates, and times please click here.
With our broad range of classes and activities, there is something at the H2O for everyone. So whether you’ve never been in a pool before or are planning to become a lifeguard, we have a class for you!
Since its inception in 1931, the YMCA’s National Aquatic Program has evolved through the times and remained at the forefront of swim instruction for infants to adults, as well as leadership training, and water safety.
- The L’il Dippers program comprises eight levels, specifically designed for pre-school-aged participants aged 6 months to 5 years.
- The Learn to Swim program, beginning at age 6 years is made of four levels designed to provide the fundamentals of swimming and water safety awareness.
- The six levels of the Star Swim program progressively take the swimmer through introductory, initiation, intermediate and advanced standards of all swim strokes. As well, the Lifesaving Society’s Junior Lifeguard program is integrated through all of the Star Levels. At the more advanced levels, swimmers are also introduced to alternate aquatics skills in synchronized swimming and water polo.
- Swimmers who are equally interested in lifesaving and lifeguard training can work toward the Lifesaving Society programs offered through the YMCA, including the progressive certifications of: Bronze Star, Bronze Medallion, Bronze Cross and National Lifeguard.
- Adults who are looking to embrace the challenge of learning to swim or improving their strokes can register for any of the levels in the Adults Swim Lessons. Any age is a great time to take up swimming!
For a Red Cross swim level comparison chart please click here.
For more information:
- For swim lesson related inquiries contact Renee Bell at 250-764-4040 ext 429 firstname.lastname@example.org or Melissa Goertzen 250-764-4040 ext 434 email@example.com
- For aquatic programming, lane rentals, or after hour bookings please contact Robyn MacNeill at 250-764-3324 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- For general group bookings please contact Carrie Worrall at 250-764-4040 ext 437 or email@example.com
Learn to Swim Program
When you register for Canada’s largest open water swim event, your registration fee helps to fund our Learn to Swim program through the YMCA of the Okanagan’s Strong Kid’s Campaign. We are drown-proofing the Okanagan’s 3rd graders by teaching them life saving skills so they are safer around open water. Please register and support our program!